Speed is defined as the rate at which someone or something moves or operates. Theoretically everything has a rate of which it moves and operates, even lower dimensional beings.
Types of Speed
Attack speed is the speed of which an attack moves.
This is the speed at which a character can fight. This in some cases can be relative/comparable to a characters attack speed or travel speed.
Reaction speed is the speed at which a character can react to an action or event. For example, if character A threw a rock at character B, and character B dodged, that would be considered reaction speed. Reaction speed is not relative to a characters travel speed.
Travel and flight speed is the speed in which a character can fly and/or travel from point A to point B.
Types of speed explained
- Below human levels (0-5 meters per second)
- Human level (5-34.3 meters per second)
- Subsonic (0.1- 5 times the speed of sound)
- Hypersonic (5-8810.2 times the speed of sound)
- Relativistic (1-99% the speed of light)
- Speed of Light (299,792,458 meters per second)
- FTL (Faster Than Light) (1-100x the Speed of Light)
- Massively FTL (100-1000+ times SoL)
- Infinite (Able to move in timeless voids, or a place where time stands still. This can also be applied if a character has existed before time itself)
- Immeasurable (Immeasurable speed is when a character transcends time itself. Beings who are 5th dimensional automatically gain this as they logically are above conventional 4-D time)
A characters infinite/immeasurable speed statistics can sometimes be outliers, contradicted or take place due to Plot Induced stupidity, and thus should be evaluated on a case by case basis